Wednesday, May 23, 2012

#1 - "I'm walking here!!!"

In New York, everyone has something to say and they don't give a damn if you get offended. Be that about the world around them, injustice, politics, the neighbor, the boss, their sweetheart, construction on the subway... You name it.  How else can you deal with this accelerated  mix of  honks, crazy competitiveness, daycare, sporting, gathering food for the day, sweating behind the counter making burritos? 

Often these exclamations, opinions and remarks just... cannot be contained. For the good and for the bad I find it great! Especially for my own amusement... unintended of course, or is it? 

Big guy with a nice round belly and a bit of a long bit greasy hair 
on the sidewalk under the scaffolds a bit ahead of me:

- There is actually a road you can bike on!

Sportier guy about the same age but grayer 
much shorter wavy hair almost whining:
- I live here!

Big guy assertively:
- Good! So do I.

All the New York drama? Not planned for my sole entertainment ...yet, I just can't stop myself from smiling along with it.

2 comments:

  1. Já vi isto em qualquer lado!

    Mas tão bem escrito, não!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^, obrigada! Espero que se divirtam a ler/a imaginar :)

    ReplyDelete