Saturday, May 26, 2012

#2 - New York pets


Dogs, dogs! An endless number of pooches and hounds get walked everyday by their owners in the island of Manhattan and surely in other boroughs. I have seriously never seen so many elegant Afghan hounds, happy labs, jumpy terriers, fluffy golden retrievers, tough bulldogs, minuscule chihuahuas and prepped poodles in my life! And the worse of this is that I am starting to go insane with such dogged sweetness around! I fear one of these days I might end up on the brink of just crazily hugging one of those dogs without any respect whatsoever!* Of course together with these four-legged, tail-wagging buddies there are doggy gyms, doggy salons and hairstylists, Petco, Unleashed, Furry Paws... places from where all sort of canine paraphernalia comes from: in Winter dogs wear jackets, capes, shoes, socks, sometimes they have on more layers than I do! I am expecting some sunglasses as the Sun starts to be blinding bright this Summer.



*For the record, I really like dogs but I am actually more of a cat lover, but, unlike in the Netherlands, New Amsterdam people don't seem to have a cat on every window... might also be that I see them less as most buildings are not small grachtenhuisjes/ grachtenpanden and ground floor windows are not just there next to the sidewalk with curtains wide open. 

No comments:

Post a Comment